Contract Management Specialist (2+ Years)
Macalogic is a dynamic company with broad competencies based on over a decade of experience working in the federal arena. We are an SBA-certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We provide IT technical, program management, and business consulting services to customers in the Government and Commercial sectors.
Our core values of accountability, collaboration, value, and respect are central to everything we do at Macalogic. As such, we are always open to talking to self-motivated and responsible team players who are focused on contributing to the success of our clients. We offer a generous benefits package and compensation commensurate with your experience and skill set.
This position will provide contract management specialist support to the General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Systems Integration and Management Center (FEDSIM). This includes providing federal acquisition knowledge and expertise to the GSA FEDSIM organization and supporting GSA FEDSIM Mission Partners throughout the acquisition lifecycle. Specifically, the successful candidate will provide contract research and analysis to assist FEDSIM Mission Partners in support of their portfolios of Task Orders/programs; support the full acquisition lifecycle of FEDSIM’s Mission Partner TDLs/projects, from acquisition kickoff through contract closeout; and provide contracting expertise to Mission Partners in the development of new programs including the development of acquisition documentation, participation in pre-award meetings and acquisition events, and reviews and assessments of information from industry and government sources.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide contract expertise as part of FEDSIM Mission Partner acquisition planning and develop procurement objectives involving existing and new approaches and innovative plans.
- Assist in documenting contracting requirements for acquisition plans, market research, solicitations, and technical evaluations.
- Review and provide recommendations to acquisition documents, White Papers, Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought, Industry Question and Answer (Q&A) sessions, and Solicitation Proposals.
- Assist with contracting advice in pre-award acquisition events such as Market Assessment Discussions (MAD), Industry Days, and Due Diligence Sessions.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that assist in streamlining day-to-day communications and operations.
- Advise Mission Partners on instructions for preparing general terms and conditions (GT&Cs) of interagency agreements.
- Support the full lifecycle of TDLs/projects, including initial inquiry, development, kickoff, and management through closeout including onboarding and training.
- Work directly with Mission Partners to collect performance feedback in support of Cost-Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) and Cost-Plus Award Fee (CPAF) TOs.
- Assist with CPAF board preparation, scheduling, and note-taking of contractor performance determinations.
- Assist in conducting contract and TO closeout activities.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- GSA FEDSIM contracting standards and guidelines.
- Experienced in interfacing with technical, functional, and senior system program personnel.
- Experience in developing contracting strategies.
Bachelor’s Degree in contracts management or related field.
DAWIA Level 1, 2, and/or 3 are not required but preferred.
Public Trust Certification via a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) background check.
2+ years experience in federal contracting, with a strong preference for support of GSA and/or the FEDSIM organization.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Skills and Abilities
Strong understanding of federal acquisition requirements.
Other Characteristics (e.g., Personal or Language)
Excellent oral, written, and communication in English. Must be able to work in a team environment with members that include personnel from other companies, Government program management and administrative personnel, and technical staff members.
Working conditions, including location
100% Remote Work with the ability to perform infrequent travel to the National Capital Region.
Client duty hours are Monday through Friday.