Macalogic is a dynamic and growing company with broad competencies based on over a decade of experience working in the federal arena. We are an SBA-certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We provide IT technical, program management, and business consulting services to customers in the Government and Commercial sectors.
Our core values of accountability, collaboration, value, and respect are central to everything we do at Macalogic. As such, we are always open to talking to self-motivated and responsible team players who are focused on contributing to the success of our clients. We offer a generous benefits package and compensation commensurate with your experience and skillset.
We are seeking PC Specialists to provide technical support on a government task at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Successful candidates will provide customers with Tier 1, Level 1 support, including problem resolution for computer configurations, computer software, account administration, and LAN and communications interfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide initial diagnostics and troubleshooting of customer workstations to investigate and resolve computer system problems with hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals, network connections, and configurations from the help desk.
- Use the Government approved standard Trouble Ticket system to record calls and walk-up requests. Successful candidates will log each request for service that is received and status each request through resolution or elevation to a higher-level help desk.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of information on other Help Desk points of contact for non-core host and application systems and attempt to refer customers to resources capable of resolving all customer problems outside pre-defined areas of responsibility.
- Windows 10 knowledge and expertise.
- Working knowledge of BMC’s Remedy Trouble Ticket System.
- Expertise with Dameware and Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Expertise with Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or related field. Relevant DoD or technical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirements.
- CompTIA Security+ certification required
- A current information assurance certification to perform information assurance functions in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
Active U.S. security clearance (preferred)
At least 2-3 years of related Government and/or Industry experience.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent oral, written, and communication in English. Must be able to work in a team environment with members, including personnel from other companies, Government program management and administrative personnel, and technical staff members.
Working conditions, including location:
Onsite at WPAFB, Ohio.
Client duty hours Monday through Friday, ranging from 0600 hours to 1800hrs.